Monday, July 14, 2008

Who Would Have Thought?

There sure are some strange things you have to think about when you're pregnant.

Drew's back has been bothering him for a couple of weeks now. After not playing well in the city golf tournament this weekend, he broke down and went to the doctor this morning. (Funny sidebar: the receptionist at the Dr. office recognized his name as a participant in the tournament and gave him a hard time for coming in. She told him he was just looking for an excuse for not playing as well as he thought he should have yesterday. How funny is that?!) Anyway...as it turns out he did pull a muscle pretty severely. He was prescribed an ibuprofen cream to be applied to his back a couple of times a day.

And what, exactly, does this have to do with my pregnancy? Well...Drew can't reach the spot on his back to apply this cream. Which is where I come in. Unfortunately, ibuprofen is a no-no for pregnant people. So I imagine rubbing in ibuprofen cream would fall under the no-no category as well. Thankfully, my attentive (most of the time) husband thought to mention that to his doctor who said as long as I was wearing latex gloves it would be fine. (Of course, after he told me this I also called my OB/GYN's office who confirmed that for me as well.)

So, Drew will get his nightly back massage of ibuprofen cream (without having to call Austin to come and do it!) and as long as I have gloves on baby will be perfectly safe as well. Ooh...and I just thought of this...what a perfect excuse for me to get nightly back rubs out of my husband. Surely he should return the favor, don't you think?

No comments: