Is it really cold/flu season already?
Yesterday, I started to get that itchy/scratchy feeling in my throat. The one that always presents itself just before a cold sets in. I did my best to drown it out of my system with an insane amount of water and 3,000 trips to the bathroom. No luck. I didn't sleep very soundly last night and when it was finally time to get up this morning I realized that tickle was still there. And one of my nostril's was plugged up. (By the way...how does that happen? I literally felt the switch-over from one plugged nostril to the other. Weird!)
Drew urged (actually, insisted) that I stay in bed and call in sick today. So I compromised. I logged in from home, checked my calendar and saw that I have several meetings this afternoon. I called my boss and told her I'd be coming in closer to lunch time and went back to bed. I didn't open my eyes again until 10:00. Must have needed the rest, huh!
Perhaps I've been over-doing it lately. Perhaps the weather change has had an effect. Or perhaps it's just one of those unexplainable things. Fortunately, I don't feel terrible and I'm fully functional. Just tired and annoyed with that silly throat tickle and one plugged nostril! I'll keep pumping the fluids, try to rest as much as possible and make my husband cook (aka: pick up food) tonight. Hmm...maybe that doesn't sound so bad, after all.
1 comment:
Ugh! Sick and pregnant is the worst because you really don't want to take anything and there's really not much you can. Rest up and I hope you feel better soon. BTW, make that guy cook...
Post a Comment