Jackson and I both had follow-up doctor appointments this week. I'm happy to report the news is good for both of us.
Jackson is gaining weight. He is now a whopping 5 lbs 12 oz - only 1 oz shy of his birth weight. (He had gotten down to 5 lbs 9 oz in the hospital.) His color looks great, he has taken to breast feeding and he is an all around happy and healthy little boy.
I am losing weight! Would you believe only 10 lbs to pre-pregnancy weight? I was stunned. Even though there is much toning to do, 10 lbs is quite do-able. I realize now how incredibly swollen I was. A few days ago Drew & I discovered that I have feet and toes again! In fact, I'm wearing tennis shoes! And more importantly, my blood pressure appears to be under control. It was back to normal today and my doctor has decreased my medications. If in 2 weeks it is still under control I can go off of the meds for good. I've also had a smooth recovery from delivery and everything is healing properly and quickly. Which means I too am happy & healthy!
And now let the fun begin. Auntie Cortney arrives in town today. Gram & Gramps Elser are coming for dinner tonight. Nana & Papa Wags and Aunt Nikki arrive tomorrow. It's going to be quite a Christmas at the "New & Improved" Elser House!
1 comment:
Heidi & Drew
So happy to hear the good news that you are both healthy.
You all have a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS and a HAPPY & HEALTHY NEW YEAR!!!
Love The Fischers
Post a Comment