Wednesday, January 21, 2009

We've Been Busy

It's been a busy few days! Here's an update on some of the highlights:
  • Jack & I visited Holly, our daycare provider, on Tuesday. I was happy to be able to introduce them to each other. We got the necessary paperwork, asked a few questions and visited for about an hour. While I know I will cry my eyes out when the time comes to leave him, it's a perfect arrangement for us and I know he is in good hands.
  • I had my final postpartum apt. on Tuesday. My blood pressure improved again so I was able to go off one of my meds. I'm going to do 1 more check next week and hopefully at that time I can be medication free! I also learned something fairly exciting. We were discussing my PCOS (Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome) and Dr. Estrin informed me that it is not necessarily a permanent condition. In fact, a full term pregnancy followed by breast feeding is one of the most successful "cures" for the syndrome. She said she has had several patients that had a horrible time conceiving their first child, only to have several subsequent pregnancies fairly quickly. While I'm not in a huge hurry for baby #2, Drew & I would like to have another...and we're not getting any younger! I was pleased to hear that there is a chance it won't be so difficult next time.
  • It was a nice day today so Jack & I ventured out of the house and visited Daddy at work. Drew's been anxious to introduce him to some of his colleagues. Needless to say, Jack was a huge hit and of course we loved to show him off!
  • Lastly, as a follow up to this post, we seem to have found a bit of success in the sleep department this week. (Assuming I didn't just jinx our progress!) Thanks to a suggestion from Aunt Abby we gave swaddling another shot...and it worked! It seems the tighter you can get it, the better. We're talking straight jacket tight. Coupled with some white noise, Jack has slept perfectly soundly in his own bed 2 nights in a row only to wake up every 2 1/2 - 3 hours for a feeding. Dreamy!

No comments: