Wednesday, May 20, 2009

It Does a Body Good

We had a health fair at the office last week. If you chose to participate, certified medical technicians measured your blood pressure, BMI (body mass index) and even drew blood for complimentary glucose and cholesterol screening. My results are in...and they are good.

Blood Pressure: 114/78 (Perfect - despite all my troubles during delivery and postpartum)
BMI: 28 (So I could stand to lose a few lbs, 25 to be exact, but this is my best score in years)
Pulse: 60 (Seriously, me, the one with anxiety attacks and a normally high resting heart rate)
Glucose: 87 (Spot on)
Cholesterol: 165 (Good)

Who would have thought? Certainly not me. After all, parenting is stressful. But apparently it is having the opposite effect on my body. Instead of amping up my anxious tendencies, I have mellowed out!

And theoretically it should only get better. Next month I'm going back to my yoga classes twice a week and on June 6 Jack & I start our Aqua Mom & Me class for the summer.

Motherhood...it does a body good!

No comments: