I am officially on my way home.
I'm sitting in the Palm Springs airport awaiting flight #1 of the day and keeping my fingers crossed that my trip home is much less eventful than my trip here - which included a cancelled flight and a 14-hour day in airports.
What a week! The 2010 GCSAA National Championship & Golf Classic was a resounding success. The competitors loved La Quinta (how could you not...look at this place!) and the golf courses were impecible. I'm anxious to read the post event survey data, but all signs point toward a home run for this year's event. Which makes me one happy event planner!
I had all sorts of intentions while I was away that didn't come to fruition. Skyping with the boys (only did it once), blogging about the event (no time for that), spending time at the golf courses (too busy at the hotel to get away much) and taking tons of pictures to share (oops). I didn't even have an opportunity to sit in the private hot tub that was part of my suite. Yep - I had my very own hot tub and didn't step foot in it. (Partly because I didn't have time, partly because I was too scared to put on my bathing suit.)
Despite all the hard work and crazy hours, we did have a little bit of fun. We continued a tournament tradition from 2007, the last time we were in Palm Springs, and feasted on In-N-Out Burger. Twice. We ate the biggest pile of seafood I've ever seen. (Seriously, it was a pile. They just dumped it in the middle of the table and we all dug in.) And we picked enough fresh grapefruits off the resort's citrus trees to fill a massive box and send it home on our supply truck.
While being busy helped keep my mind off my two boys back in Kansas, I still missed them an awful lot. Drew is officially Super Dad. I left for 9 days with no more instruction than a list of suggested meals and a lasagna in the freezer. Sure, he had Nana and Gram & Grump to help out on the weekends, but for the most part it was all Drew. 9 days is a long time to be a single parent and he didn't get rattled once. He's a keeper.
I have the day off tomorrow - I'm going to need all day to get caught up on the Jackson hugs & kisses that I missed - and then things should return to a more manageable pace. If there is such a thing.
For now, I'm just happy to be going home.
No comments:
Post a Comment