Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Maybe There's An App For That

I had a teeny tiny anxiety attack today.

It all started when I logged in to do some online banking this morning. And discovered we totally blew our budget this month.  I'm the household CPA (as Drew lovingly refers to me) and I'm usually extremely anal-retentive diligent about it.  For some reason, things have been a bit hectic around here lately and I just haven't been paying much attention.  So Drew & I were both going about our daily business not thinking much of it.  Oops.

I was frustrated and needed to vent so I did what I always do.  Called Drew.  Of course, he was completely level headed and brought my breathing back to a normal pace.  Somewhere during our conversation I commented that I feel like I have too many balls in the air right now.  To which he replied, "you do".

It's true.

In addition to the daily craziness that keeping up with a household, a career and a toddler ensues; I'm also trying to squeeze in yoga twice a week, a newfound dedication to my golf game and the March of Dimes campaign.  Not to mention the projects I've got lined up around the house including a patio project in the backyard, a laundry room make-over, a picture book I want to make Jackson, turning this blog into a book (Just for my own record keeping purposes, not to actually sell.  Who would buy that?) and enhancing my wardrobe/cleaning out my closet. 

No wonder I feel overwhelmed at times.

I asked Drew what he suggested I do.  While his answer didn't exactly solve all my problems, it did make me laugh.  Which is almost as good.

His solution:  "I don't know, maybe there's an app for that."

2 comments:

@sweetbabboo said...

If so, I need to know. That would be a total lifesaver.

At least his answer is better than A's which is usually "Let something go," which of course leads to my crazed, not-quite-screaming response of "What?" We never get anywhere with that conversation.

-Abby

Anonymous said...

Heidi,
You know the answer to this.Your the master at it. Go back to basics- start your lists of everyhing you have to do. You may not get it all done,but you get the satisfaction of crossing things off your list and you know what still needs to be done. You invited this theory didnt you?
Mom