We don't have the luxury of family (read: free childcare) in town. Therefore, nights on the town that don't involve clock watching and expensive babysitters are few and far between in our world. Or more accurately, non-existent.
Which is why we had been looking forward to this week for ages. KU played K-State on a Thursday night and Gram was coming to town to hang with Jackson while Drew & I, along with our good friends the Stoddards, tailgated and watched football. An adults only night out with zero worries about Jackson getting along with a sitter or how much of a hit our bank account would take as a result.
The game was despicable, but that didn't stop us from having an absolutely fabulous time. So much so, that after bailing out on the Jayhawks at halftime, we moved the party to the bar where we stayed until after midnight. Midnight! I don't think I've seen midnight in the past two years unless it was while soothing a crying child back to sleep.
It gets even better.
Friday morning (which we had taken off work anticipating the need for some "recovery" time) Gram took over the morning routine and even took Jackson out for breakfast so we could sleep in and enjoy a break. It was dreamy.
And the icing on the cake of our grown-up weekend? Jack got to spend some quality one-on-one time with his Gram. While it comes as no surprise, from what we could tell they got along famously.
Thank you Dustin & Brandie for giving up a night of your anniversary weekend to hang out with us. As always, we had a blast and can't wait for our next get-together.
And thank you Deb for taking time away from work and home to hang with Jackson and give Drew & I a little reprieve.
We loved every minute!
2 comments:
You bet!! We had a great time:) We definitely need to do it more often!
I had such a great time with Jack and I'm glad you two decided to take a bit of time for yourselves!
Post a Comment