I just found myself sitting in my office, by myself, on a beautiful Friday afternoon laughing out loud as thoughts of Jackson popped into my head.
While riding in a shopping cart through Target recently:
Jack: "My have a penis."
Me: "Yes, Jack, you have a penis."
Jack: "Daddy have a penis, too."
Me: "Yes, Daddy has a penis, too."
Jack: "Mommy no penis."
Me: "You're right. Mommy doesn't have a penis."
And that was the end of that conversation.
For the second time in about a month:
Jack: "My need haircut." "Mommy call Roxanne?"
And so I did.
After school one day last week, Jack spotted a package in the backseat from The Children's Place. I told him that I got him some new shirts for summer. Upon examining one of the polos Jack replied, "Oh! That's nice!"
While snuggling in bed one morning Jack leaned his face a mere inches from mine and said: "Mom. Look at my eyebrows." He then proceeded to raise and lower his eyebrows in a variety of contortions.
Or there was the night earlier this week when he discovered he could un-snap the crotch of his bibbers. He then thrust his hips forward so his diaper peeked out and walked across the room saying "Look at my pants! Look at my pants!"
While I admit many of these stories are "you had to be there" moments, they will get a chuckle out of me every single time a fleeting memory passes through my mind.
Oh how that boy makes me laugh!
2 comments:
Linus can't get enough talking about his penis. It just kills me. It's so hard to keep a straight face since I'm like a 14 year old boy at heart.
These are the best bits to record -- the little conversations. You'll love having the record one day.
-Abby
boys will say anything to get a laugh!
Post a Comment