Thursday, February 14, 2013

My Valentines

I think I hit the jackpot when it comes to handsome guys to celebrate Valentines Day with.  Although, with one of them being 600 miles away, celebrating might get a little tricky - at least the grown up celebrating.  Celebrating of the four-year-old variety, on the other hand, we've got covered!

Last night Jackson & I were busy prepping for his classroom party today.  We whipped up a batch of valentine M&M cookies.
Then we (meaning mostly me - someone wasn't in a cooperative kind of mood as you can probably tell from the picture below) assembled the valentines for his classmates.  Once again, pinterest came to the rescue with a super awesome free printable.  I had everything else we needed on hand so all we had to do was cut, label and assemble.
 
I absolutely love them.
This evening, Jack will open his valentine from Drew & I via facetime so Drew can participate as well.  At least that's the story I'm going to give Jack.  The truth is, I had to abort my original plan to give it to him this morning when I discovered the outfit he will undoubtedly INSIST on wearing with his gift was dirty.  Oops.  Rather than fight that epic battle (the dude has some very strong opinions about his attire), I stashed the gift in the closet for later this evening...after I've had a chance to do a load of laundry!

Jack will never know the difference and I'm pretty sure a day of sweets and treats at school and permission to sleep in Mommy & Daddy's bed tonight will make for a pretty great day for my "little" valentine.

Unfortunately, I really dropped the ball when it comes to my "big" valentine.  With all of the travel and craziness of the past few weeks I totally neglected to put any plan in motion for Drew.  Of course, the discovery of a red enveloped tucked secretly in my suitcase upon arriving home this week made me feel even more guilty about my oversight (not to mention a little teary for both the words he wrote and trouble he went to in sneaking one past me).  Since 1-800-FLOWERS isn't really Drew's speed, and I'm not aware of a service called 1-800-BEER, I guess I'll just have to make it up to him later.  But for now...

Happy Valentine's Day, Babe.  If the last several weeks have taught me anything it's that home has nothing to do with the walls around you and the possessions you fill them with.  You are my home.  I miss you like crazy and can't wait for the next step in this journey, but I am grateful for the reminder.  I know now, more than ever, wherever life takes us, with you by my side I will always be home.  I love you!

xoxo

No comments: