Tuesday, July 1, 2008

It's Like Finding Out All Over Again

The announcements have already begun.

I told my boss about my pregnancy this morning and she couldn't have been more supportive and excited. She knows about our troubles and was truly so happy for Drew & I. She insisted that we go out to lunch immediately with the rest of the girls in my department to celebrate properly. Of course, their reaction was the same. They are such a remarkable group of women and I'm lucky to work with them. I know my absence in our most critical months of the year will be quite an extra stress on them and they all insisted that I not worry about it for a second. Of course...there are some bridges we will have to cross when we come to them, but for today it was nothing but a celebration.

Then I called my Nana Wagner. It just happens that she is in LA this week visiting my Uncle Matt (my Godfather) and Lynelle. It was great fun breaking the news to them as well. Two more calls to make tonight to my Nana Diers and my Aunt Deb (my Godmother) and that should cover it.

Drew will also be calling his best friend, Dustin, tonight. Dustin & Brandie are having a baby girl in September so our kids will be just 4 months apart. How fun!

I have to say, it feels good to not have this "secret" any more. In fact, seeing people's reaction and sharing our news is almost like finding out all over again!

No comments: