Monday, September 1, 2008

Armed and Dangerous

Armed with a scanner that is! I spent this Labor Day holiday wandering the aisles of Target and Babies R Us armed with my detailed checklist and the store scanner. It was registry day.

I hadn't planned on registering this weekend. In fact, it's probably a bit early. But after seeing my husband off to the golf course for his 36 holes this morning I decided it would be a shame to let this extra long weekend go by without really accomplishing anything of importance. My new job is now in full force and I'm finding myself being pulled in more and more directions. And it's only going to get busier. So...anything I can do now to get ahead of the game is a big bonus. Since I had already prepared a checklist of registry items and done a fair amount of research and leg work, I decided that would be an easy item to cross off my list today.

I began at Target and it was a breeze. I was in and out in under an hour.

Then I headed to KC to Babies R Us. After such a successful Target trip I was feeling quite confident and figured I'd be home in no time to crack open a new book and waste the rest of the holiday away guilt free. If only it were that easy. I swear, no matter how prepared you think you are, that store is like a mine field! So many choices, so many aisles, and so many other totally confused pregnant women (plus the occasional horrified husband) wandering in a fog of uncertainty. Okay, I'm exaggerating a bit, but I was seriously in the store for over 2 1/2 hours trying to make sense of it all.

There are a few minor additions I need to make, but I think I'm happy with what we've selected. And I'm thrilled that I can check that project off my to do list! Now it's back to my chair where that book awaits...


Note: I've added links to our registries in the right hand column if you're interested.

No comments: