Monday, September 15, 2008

How Cool is Craigslist?

I've been familiar with craigslits (I'm not sure who "craig" is, but it's basically an online local classified section) for some time, but have never actually made a purchase or a sale...until today. This weekend I posted ads for a few items that are just taking up space in our house. Or more specifically, in the soon-to-be nursery. And I needed them gone. In less than 24 hours I had responses on 2 of my 4 ads. Not only were these folks willing to pay me for my castaways, they were also willing to come to my house and haul them away for me. How's that for a win-win?!

In other news...

I finally broke down and bought my first pair of maternity pants today. Drew has been harassing me for wearing the same 3 pair of pants for about 2 weeks now. I heard from several people that Target had fabulous maternity jeans so I popped in over lunch and grabbed a pair for $25. Can't beat that. And I have to admit they are comfy and even pretty stylish. Thank goodness someone invented the "under the belly" styles instead of those god awful full belly panels.

I met with painter #2 this evening and she is beyond fabulous. Not only is she just a super cool lady, but she was less expensive than my first bid. We scheduled a start date on the spot and she will begin work on the nursery on Oct. 13. I can't wait!

I have a Dr. apt. tomorrow morning. Drew's going to sit this one out as there's nothing particularly interesting scheduled. In fact, I've been feeling so fabulous these past 4 weeks I don't even have much on my list of questions for the doctor. I'll post a quick update as soon as it's over.

Now I'm off to watch the rest of the Cowboy's game with my hubby.

No comments: