Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Quick Doctor Update

Once again, everything was textbook. A few highlights:
  • My weight is still in the normal range. Although, this month I gained 8 lbs. - the high end of "normal". I had a hunch. I feel like I've gotten huge! Dr. Estrin told me I was being too hard on myself. She said I'm doing wonderfully and need to give myself the credit I deserve. (Which I thought was very nice of her.)
  • My blood pressure was high. I was a bit nervous about the reading since it was on the high side last time. Turns out it was my anxiety causing it to be elevated. When they retested about 10 minutes later it was perfectly normal again. Yay!
  • My measurements were just right. She guessed the little man is around 2.5 lbs.
  • The baby's heart rate was good.
  • I also took my 2nd glucose tolerance test for gestational diabetes. If this one comes back normal (as the first one did) then I'm in the clear and won't have to do a third.

My next appointment is in a month, then I will start going bi-weekly followed by weekly. At this time, since everything is progressing so perfectly, she didn't have a "medical reason" to schedule another ultrasound for next month. She said when I come in next time she'll find a reason (even if it's something as simple as determining the positioning of the baby). She said she knows how much fun those ultrasounds are and wants to make sure we get one more before he arrives.

Textbook...gotta love it!

No comments: