Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Doctor Update

Nothing much to report from this morning's appointment.
  • I've been a big puffy ball of swelling for days now - especially my hands and feet. It bothered me because swelling can be a sign of high blood pressure, which is one of the things I fear in these final weeks. (My mom had it, 2 of my cousins had it and 2 of our friends had it...I don't want it!) She assured me that my swelling was perfectly normal. As is my stuffy nose and the fact that I now (apparently) snore. So much so, my husband slept in our guest room last night. Sorry, babe. Dr. Estrin's response was that it is nature's way of ensuring that since mommy doesn't get much sleep in the final weeks of pregnancy, daddy shouldn't either. She cracks me up.
  • His heartbeat sounded fine.
  • I measured a bit big this time. She said that could mean a big baby or extra fluid. Although, at this stage, she thought the most likely explanation was simply that he hasn't dropped yet as I am still carrying pretty high.
  • We scheduled an ultrasound for 2 weeks from today. That will answer the "measuring big" question and also tell us if he is in position for delivery. I can't wait to see a picture of our little (or big) guy!

Two weeks and we do it all again!

No comments: