Saturday, November 8, 2008

Quiet Week

Drew has been out of town since Monday so Ruby & I had the whole house to ourselves this week. It was nice (most of the time), but now we're both anxious to see Daddy again and get back to business as usual. He has a 12-hour drive and instead of getting on the road first thing this morning like promised planned, will likely be driving all through the night tonight in order to make it to Kansas in time to go straight to our birth class in the morning. Needless to say, I'm not thrilled with that idea. I'll be very glad when he's back safe and sound.

While it has been quiet around here, it's also been very productive. I spent the better part of the week in the nursery. I washed the crib bedding and assembled it, hung some prints on the wall, washed baby clothes and put them in drawers or hung them in the closet. Essentially, we now have an (almost) finished nursery! Each night, I spend a few minutes in the glider reading to the baby. I can't believe in only 8 weeks he'll be here in person.

I have tons of nursery pictures that I'll put into an album as we add the rest of the final touches, but for now here's a look at how far we've come.

No comments: