Sunday, February 15, 2009

My Valentines

I'm a lucky girl. I had 2 Valentines this year! And what a great day we had.

It started with cards from each of my boys. For self-proclaimed tough guys, they sure are sweeties. Then we had breakfast and I baked these:



They're pretty rockin' good if I do say so myself. We had a fairly quiet afternoon, watched the KU vs. K-State bball game (we won) and did a tiny bit of cleaning. Gram & Grump came over in the evening to stay with Jackson while Drew & I went to dinner at the country club.

It ended up being one of our most memorable nights at the club to date. We decided to forgo the formal Valentine dinner they were serving in the dining room and just hang out in the member lounge instead (a sports bar atmosphere where casual attire is acceptable). It was still decorated from the KU/K-State watch party so it was quite festive. All of the flat screens (there must be at least 10 down there) were tuned to the music channel and were blaring 80's music. We were singing along all night. In addition to the 80's music, our entertainment was a table of approximately 20 8th graders (boys and girls) having dinner. Their own little valentine party. They were hilarious, made us feel quite old, and got us talking about what we have ahead of us when Jack is that age. On the other side of the lunge were a foursome about our age that were clearly trying desperately to get into each other's pants. It was quite interesting observing their strategies. :) Pure entertainment all around.

We didn't stay too long - Jack has been fussy in the evening lately and I didn't want Gram & Grump to have to deal with that all night. Turns out I was right, but Grump has the magic touch and Jack was snuggled in and sound asleep when we got home.

As far as Valentine's Days go, this one ranked right at the top!

Here are my valentines...told you I was lucky!

1 comment:

@sweetbabboo said...

He's such a good mix of the two of you. When you hold him I can see parts of Drew. When Drew holds him I can see parts of you.