Yesterday, my baby turned 6 months old. I was warned about how quickly they grow. And even though I was prepared, it still amazes me.
I write about the milestones frequently on this blog, so there's no need to repeat them today. However, there are lots of little moments that happen every single day that often go unmentioned and in time are easily forgotten.
Like the way I hold onto Jackson's left hand when feeding him in his highchair. That way, it doesn't go straight to his mouth resulting in orange baby food smeared from head to toe.
Or the way he holds onto his own bottle when eating. And looks me straight in the eye.
Or how a voice (especially Daddy's) or a jingling collar (that would be Ruby) is enough for him to stop whatever he is doing and scan the room for them to appear.
Or his uncanny ability to glance up at the TV when a baseball game is in progress, but look away uninterested when it is a commercial.
Or how when he pulls my hair, he always chooses the spot right at the bottom of my neck that hurts the worst.
Or the "pouty lip" that pops out right before he starts to cry.
Or how he instantly settles down when I sing to him before bed. Sometimes, he even coos along with me.
Or the huge smile he greets you with in the morning if he is already awake in his crib. On the contrary, if he needs to be woken up (as is the case for daycare some mornings) it takes him a few minutes of stretching and squinting and rubbing his eyes before coming out of his deep sleep.
I could go on and on. It's these moment, the little ones, that I treasure the most. These are the snapshots I want etched into my memory forever.
No comments:
Post a Comment