Saturday, June 13, 2009

Half Birthday

What's a birthday without cake?

Actually, I'm not much of a cake fan. I prefer ice cream. Or brownies. Or pie. But when Jackson's half birthday was approaching, I knew I couldn't let the day go by without some sort of celebration. Even I can admit a full-fledged party for a 6 month old is a bit over the top. (Although, the event planner in me had all sorts of ideas and would have thrown a super cute party!) But when Drew & I discussed how to mark the occasion, he replied "how about we just be thankful that we had a premature baby who is now 6 months old with zero complications". True. And I am extremely thankful for that - every day, in fact. However, when I mentioned cake Drew quickly changed his tune. That is, if the cake could be his favorite...white cake with chocolate chips and chocolate frosting. And Jackson didn't mind that his Daddy got to choose his birthday cake (or know the difference, for that matter!)

So we celebrated with cake. A half cake to be exact. After all, it is a half birthday.















Unfortunately for the birthday boy, he didn't get to partake in the eating of the cake. We waited until he was in bed for that. But he did get a present. He & I happened to be downtown so I picked him up this toy that I have meaning to get for a few weeks but couldn't seem to find time to visit The Toy Store.

So Drew got his cake. And I got to have my cheesy celebration. And Jackson...well, whether he knows it or not, Jackson had a half birthday party today!

No comments: