Thursday, December 2, 2010

It's Beginning to Look

A lot like Christmas!

Well, back in Kansas anyway.  I'm writing this post from sunny Southern Florida.  Where Christmas music is playing in the hotel lobby, wreaths and decorations are plentiful and the palm trees along the hotel driveway are decorated.  But at 70 degrees outside I just can't embrace the fact that it is December 2nd and there are only 22 days until Christmas Eve.

I'm in the midst of a whirlwind business trip.  Two actually.  I return home Friday only to re-pack my suitcase and head to Phoenix on Sunday for trip #2.  As if December isn't busy enough the way it is.  But despite missing my boys (who, not surprisingly, are doing fabulously) and losing some precious few days of planning and preparations for the impending birthday party and holiday celebrations, there are worst places in the world to be.  Besides, I'd be lying if I said I didn't like this part of my job.

But I digress.  Back to Christmas.

Despite a seemingly never ending cold (that some sunshine and Florida humidity might have finally cured) and pinching a nerve in my back (still waiting for that one to heal) we had a pretty productive Thanksgiving weekend.

Drew took care of the exterior. 
Jackson was supervising.
This part makes me nervous every year!
While I got started on the interior.
Glitter Houses
Mantle
The iPod is loaded with holiday playlists and the elf made his grand appearance.  And how could I forget...the vodka is infusing.
There's still plenty to do, but it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

No comments: