Considering he's not yet three, Jackson has some pretty strong opinions about music. He is obsessed with guitars. He doesn't hesitate to tell us to change the radio station when the song doesn't suit him. He prefers country. Particularly the Zac Brown Band, who he can identify within the first few bars of any one of their songs.
So on a whim one lazy Saturday afternoon a few weekends ago, Jackson & I decided to take in the Kansas State Fiddlers & Pickers competition at South Park. Drew was fighting a fever and a flu bug so the two of us were looking to get out of the house and this seemed like it would be right up Jack's alley.
What a hit!
In no time at all he was clapping his hands to the beat.
And before I knew it he was dancing away.
We'll definitely go again next year. And I'll be much more prepared with lawn chairs, snacks and cash for the food vendors.
Maybe I'll even throw caution to the wind and dance right along with him!
No comments:
Post a Comment