Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Almost Home

I've just arrived at my 3rd hotel in 6 days. Ugh. At least I'm one step closer to heading home...my flight leaves Boston at 7:00 am and I'll be back in Kansas by 10:00 (I hope). Ironically enough, at the exact same time my plane is heading toward home, Drew will be flying in the opposite direction. He's headed to Las Cruces, New Mexico with Doug, Sheryl and Robert. They have a property there that is apparently in dire need of some attention. The good news is, they'll be flying via private jet so they can come and go all in one day and I'll still get to see my hubby at some point tomorrow!

One more piece of news I neglected to post this week. The first batch of blood work results have come back from my doctor. All good news! I am not a carrier for cystic fibrosis (which means the baby is not at risk). And my early gestational diabetes screening came back perfect. After drinking the "glucose cocktail" my blood sugar was 102. (And as the older sister of a lifelong diabetic I am fully aware that that is a rockstar number!) Still waiting on the quad screen results, but I expect them any day.

Now it's off to bed. Girls weekend was perfect, my meeting was a success and Maine is absolutely beautiful...but I am beyond exhausted. Baby and I can't wait to go home!

2 comments:

@sweetbabboo said...

My big brother is a big wig. I wish I could fly on a "personal jet" instead I'll be flying via Southwest Airlines and their fabulous cattle calls.

Glad your trip has been a success. Enjoy your time back home.

Heidi said...

Just don't tell Drew the big wig part...he has no problem in the "confidence" department the way it is! :)

Flying commercial has definitely become a nightmare lately. I have to say, I've actually had the best luck on SW of all the airlines I've flown lately. The boarding process isn't nearly as bad as it used to be. Are you traveling soon?