Friday, March 13, 2009

She's Done it Again

Once again, my mom swooped in like an angel when I needed her most.

I knew going back to work full time and leaving my baby at daycare, under some one's care other my own, was going to be one of the hardest things I've had to do as a mother thus far. Fortunately, we came up with the perfect scenario to ease into that transition. Nana Wags came to town!

Mom arrived Saturday night and spent the weekend hanging out with us and getting familiar with Jack's routine. She was going to be taking care of Jackson Monday - Wednesday, my first 3 days back at work. Then we would transition to daycare Thursday - Friday before I got him back full time for the weekend. Baby steps. And it couldn't have gone better.

Of course, it also meant Nana got some quality time with Jackson - which is hard to come by when you live 8 hours away. He adores her. In fact, she managed to get a real giggle out of him, something he's only done once for me! And as you can see, she adores him too!


As an added bonus, she even re-stocked my freezer with meals to take to work. In fact, Drew commented after she left that he could finally go to bed without his stomach growling from whatever Mom was cooking in the kitchen late at night. (The cinnamon roll night was torturing him!)

Thank you Mom. This could have been a really difficult week for me and you made it nearly painless. I guess it proves that you never really stop being a mommy. And even when your children are grown, they never really stop needing you.

We love you!

1 comment:

RMartin said...

I did the same thing my first week back at work. No way was I headed back to work and putting Finn in daycare the same day. Patrick saved up vacation time and stayed home with Finn that first week. (Good experience for my guys to bond too...and for Patrick to understand how challenging it can be to watch an infant solo all day). Yay for Nana! And for you.