I mentioned a few weeks ago that we were starting to contemplate potty training. We didn't act on it right away, other than purchasing this:
Well, tonight we had our first action in the potty chair. And Daddy gets all the credit.
I have yoga class on Tuesday evenings so Drew picks Jackson up from daycare and feeds him dinner. After dinner, Jack looked at Drew and clearly said "pee pee". Drew immediately repeated the word, walked him straight to the bathroom and plopped him on the potty. More than anything, to teach Jack that the word "pee pee" meant a trip to his potty chair in the bathroom. That's where they were when I arrived home. Jack sat on the potty for a couple of minutes, said "ick" a few times and mostly just played. And then Drew commented that something stunk. Sure enough, when Jack got off the potty he left behind a little brown turd.
Ladies and gentlemen, we have pooped in the potty!
Of course, we whooped and hollered and high-fived with excitement. Then Drew took a picture of the prized turd (which I will spare you all from viewing here on the Elser 411). I'm not kidding. We have a picture of a turd.
It's hard to say whether Jackson had any idea what he was doing or if it was just pure coincidence. In either case, we'll continue trying.
And tonight, we're crossing another milestone off the list and celebrating a poop!
1 comment:
Yeah for Jackson! We actually have the same potty seat :)
Post a Comment